Monday, March 10, 2008

A Tribute to my Children

Lydia Ann: How grateful we are that you are in our family. We will be forever grateful for your birth parents who were selfless enough to place you for adoption with us. You are so out-going and bright. You are so beautiful. I remember when we took you to Hawaii with us when you were 11 months old and we would get on a bus and you'd say "hi" to everyone who would make eye contact with you. You brightened many peoples' countenances. You're so kind to befriend anyone, no matter what they look or act like. I love hearing from parents of kids in your preschool that you have shown love and acceptance to their kids. I am amazed at how much you can do on your own and how vivid your imagination is.

Nathan Benjamin: You have always been such a smiley, happy, energetic boy. You show pure love to us all. You are talented in making people laugh. Your "class clown" personality is adorable. There's nothing like your tight embraces. I remember when you were learning how to walk and Lydia and I were holding your hands as we walked to the car. You looked up at us each and smiled so big and increased the spring in your step. Then when you learned how to blow kisses and say "nigh, night...I love you." You were so excited to know how to do and say something that brought your family so much joy.


Karalee Mae: You are so full of love; it emanates from you! I was so worried when I was pregnant with you that I would be in over my head with 3 kids so young, but with your arrival it's been easier in some ways. You bring so much light and joy to our family. We love how you dance, how you pat us on the back when we hug and how you are so tough and not afraid of trying anything. I love to see you wrestle with the other kids, even though I worry a little. You're so cute, lovable and easy-going. I especially love the dramatic expressions you have (your surprised look). Life would be a lot more difficult without you in our family.

1 comment:

STEPHANIE said...

That is so sweet! Isn't it amazing how different every child is and how they all bring something special to your family.