Friday, May 23, 2008

Catch Up Time












Alright it's been way too long since I posted anything. We've been really busy getting our house sparkling to rent or sell it. I got excited seeing other people's blogs that it made me feel that I needed to update mine.

On the Saturday before Easter we went to the Lindon City Egg Hunt but got there right before it started, so there weren't many eggs left. Luckily the Little Miss Lindon girls were giving eggs to the kids who hardly got any. Then the Easter Bunny brought some more candy. I think next year I'll ask the Easter Bunny to come on Saturday instead of Sunday. Lots of candy before church was not a good thing.

At the beginning of May Ben graduated with his MBA from the University of Utah David Eccles School of Business. Are we ever happy to have him back! And what an accomplishment! He now hopes to use all he's learned to grow Big Amazon Fish and Adventure Giving. It was great to have family in town. While Grandma Connie and Grandpa Steve were in town we went to the zoo. Lydia was happy to see her preschool crush Jacob there. We had a great time on the zoo train and watching the bird show. Unfortunately, when we were walking through the jungle bird exhibit, one of them did a number right on Steve's shirt.

A few days ago we took the kids camping. It was Lydia's turn because only Nathan got to go with Ben on the Father & Sons campout which she thought was completely unfair. It rained from about 11 pm till we left at 9:30 in the morning, so we didn't try to make breakfast or go fishing, but it was still fun. Karalee wasn't too happy about the rain and Nathan was bummed he couldn't go fishing--at the father & sons he was so excited when he caught 7 big trout (His dad was really excited too)!

Lydia had her last day of preschool. She had a fun year. She is finishing up a music class at Art City Music Academy. She has learned a ton about different notes, rhythm, instruments, songs, etc. She wants to go back to dance, though. We will have to see.

7 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

It's good to have you back in the blogging world. You posted some cute pictures.

Unknown said...

oAre those really the kiddos? It has been way to long since we have seen you guys. Lydia has gotten so tall and Nathan has hair? IN my mind I still picture Karalee as a baby! So fun! I am looking forward to seeing you guys soon!
love you..Em

emily said...

found your blog through the other emily's. fun to see y'all (TX!) again--you're planning to rent/sell your house??? how long are you going to be in brasil?! ;)

Leslie Lynn said...

You are selling your house? I thought you were just going for a couple of months to S. America? What am I missing? I need to call you and get filled in.

Anna Min said...

Great pictures! I cannot believe how tall they are!
We tried camping too, though it sounds like your experience turned out a bit more pleasent...:)
Good luck on the sell/rent of your house:(...
We love you and can't wait to see you!

McCallisters said...

Fun to see your update! You guys have been busy. You're going to Brazil? How cool is that!

Rebecca said...

Wow! So glad to see your update! Email me so I can invite you to read our blog now that it is private. snshnrn@hotmail.com