Ben was in Brazil last week; he actually left on the 4th. He was going to be gone for 2 weeks. The time was going by very slowly, but we were surviving. Before he left for Manaus from Miami, he called and said he might change his flight home from Wednesday the 18th to Monday the 16th. When Valentines Day rolled around the kids played with my cell phone and put it on mute. I didn't realize this until I checked my voicemail and had one from Ben. I was so upset that I'd missed his call. I thought I'd be able to find out when he'd be getting home. All he said was that he loved us and happy Valentines Day. I still didn't know when he'd be home.
On Sunday we went to church leaving the house messy. When we got home I unlocked the knob and the door still wouldn't open. Then, realizing that the deadbolt was locked (I hadn't locked it), I unlocked it. When we walked in the house was clean. My first thought was, Ben's here. We looked all over and didn't find him or anyone. We looked for a good 5 or 10 minutes. Then the door to the stairwell opened...it was Ben! He jumped out and said "Surprise." We were all so excited and happy to see him. What's great, too, it that Ben got it on video. He had put the camera on the top of the fridge. How great it is to have daddy home!
4 comments:
What a fun Dad! That is probably the best Valentine's present I have ever heard of!
You guys are so cute. What a great Valentine's Day!
Lucky DUcky!
What a GREAT surprise!
What a great and supportive wife and mother you are! I know what it's like to be without a husband for a weeks time. So I can imagine your surprise to have him home earlier than expected! And to have the house clean wow, wow, wow!
Post a Comment