Nathan in the fort he made...living in our basement with few toys has developed our kids' creativity.

Nathan and "Grandpa Big" at the father and sons campout. Ben was there, too. They didn't get much sleep but had a good time. Nathan got to reel in the biggest fish.
Me and my girls on Mother's Day. Ben and the kids did all the cooking that day. It was a wonderful break.
So we did get renters upstairs and they are great. We had started advertizing and showing our basement to people to get someone renting whether it be upstairs or downstairs. We had a lot of people look at the downstairs. The right thing happened.
Ben's parents were inspired to ask me if I wanted to do a photo project for them while they are on their mission. So there's my part time job--scanning albums upon albums of photos, so they have digital copies. And since we're renting our upstairs and my grandpa advised me not to work out of the home, I'm not job searching anymore, at least for now. I thought my grandpa made a good point. He said that things might be tough financially right now, but that will change. The lessons I teach my children and time I spend with them will have a great impact on them down the road. I am thankful things have worked out the way they should for our family. Thanks for everyone's prayers and kindness.
5 comments:
Great post, Kelc. Love the pictures. Especially the one of Nathan and Grandpa Big. If my grandkids ever call me Grandma Big, there will be hell to pay though! Good for you for taking your Grandfather's advice, I say! It would've been easy to think, "He's so old fashioned...doesn't understand us..." but you grabbed onto what he said. That's so Kelci, I think. You're great. :)Miss you guys.
I am so glad you found renters and very glad you are feeling good about being at home even if it is financially difficult. Time with these kids just goes too fast. You are wonderful.
Hey, thank you for letting me read your posts. Your kids are so cute, and I love keeping up with your family. It really touched me when you talked about taking your grandpa's advice. What a wonderful decision. You will look back on this time with them with extra fondness, I think. You seem like a really stong, great person. I LOVE your little baker. Aren't they extra cute when they imitate their mommies?
i loved this post. i've been thinking about a similar quote from conference the last few days, from elder wirtlin, something like: "the next time you are tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead."
so glad you guys found renters, and that you have your grandpa's good advice.
Hey, guys! Sorry, I don't have your email, so I thought this would work (better than how public FaceBook is). I just wanted to invite you over to our house on Friday the 10th for a night of our Levie Family Reunion. At 7, we'll be hanging out, visiting, eating dessert so we thought it would be a great time to see each other. Jana & Dave can't come, but everyone else (well, we'll let the missionaries stay out) will be there. Email me at FHErules at gmail if you can come!!!! It's actually a planned part of our reunion to invite you and any cousins we have in the area to come see everyone, so please feel free to come!
Post a Comment