Saturday, April 11, 2009

Steady Income

We are happy to announce that Ben has landed a job with Acute Engineering. It's only part-time, but that allows Ben to keep working on Adventure Giving and filling the Amazon trip he has in September. They are giving us medical benefits in a couple months, too, so that's really helpful. It could go full time. We shall see. I am so happy to have some steady income.

Now I just have to find employment. I guess I'm a little more picky than I thought. I heard on the radio the other day that there are plenty of jobs...shoveling manure, cleaning bathrooms, (or in my case with a social work degree, taking children away from their abusive parents). It's just that most people are too easily disgusted (or too sensitive) to take jobs like these...including me.

4 comments:

J.J. said...

Yay...that must be so nice. I'm sure more opportunities will come up and it will all pan out! Congrats on the job, Ben! We love you guys...

Kim said...

That's great news! Congrats Nolte's!

Leslie Lynn said...

That is so great! Nice to have a bit of stability...yeah! You are wonderful!

Leslie Lynn said...

Yes, Madeleine is in Grade 1. I think that all kindergarten's in Canada are half day unless it is a private school. So, she went in the afternoon last year mainly so that I didn't have to get all three ready early in the morning....it was the best decision. Now that we are up anyway b/c of Madeleine's long day I signed Justin up for morning kindergarten next year.
My pregnancy is going well. I am staying relatively small in size which isn't really typical of me. But, I am still running (6 months)and really trying to watch what I eat. So hopefully I won't gain as much this time. That would be nice.
Miss you Kelsey. How are you and the kids? Are you still in the basement of your home or have you made other arrangements? Let me know how you are.